You can call me an Olympus fan boy if you want but I really enjoy their cameras. I especially enjoy the AF (auto focus) and size of their micro 4/3 cameras, which are great for on the go and nonintrusive for private occasions. My previous camera the Olympus elp-5, was a joy to use and a great learner tool for prosumers transitioning into a pro DSLR.
My new camera the Olympus OM-D E-M5 has the same sensor as my previous but more beefed out features. Some of these features include a extra battery holder and weather sealed body for a more rugged build. Below I’ve pointed out some of OMD’s highlights.
Highlights of this camera:
- 16MP MOS Four Thirds format sensor
- Twin control dials
- New, ‘5-axis’ image stabilization
- Shoot at up to ISO 25,600
- Up to 9fps shooting (4.2 fps with continuous AF)
- Flipped out display touch screen
- Weather-sealed body
- 800×600 pixel (1.44M dot) LCD electronic viewfinder